Free Home Value Report Search For Homes

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

5 Tips to Protect Buyers



Welcome back! Today I wanted to give buyers a few tips on how to make the buying process easier.

The first thing you need to do is find a good agent. You want someone who is full-time and specializes in working with buyers. If you have a good agent, the other steps fall into place.

You also want a good mortgage lender. I’ve worked with a lot of different lenders; some are timely and good communicators while others just can’t seem to get their act together. You don’t want to miss out on a home because your lender didn’t meet the deadline.

Thirdly, I recommend a home inspection. Inspectors check every nook and cranny for only $300-$400. This can help protect you from buying a home with damage or needing of repairs.

Along with a home inspection, getting a one - year home warranty is also a good idea. A home warranty is your best defense against unexpected repairs during your first year of owning the home.

The final tip I have for buyers is to get title insurance. More than likely you won’t need this, but it’s always good to have in case.

I hope you found these tips helpful. If you have any questions, please give me a call. I’d love to help!