Free Home Value Report Search For Homes

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Is the Athens Real Estate Market Healthy?



Looking to buy or sell a home in Athens, Georgia? Click here to perform a full home search, or if you're thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price  Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today's market. You may also call us at (706) 621-6085 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.

Hey there everyone, welcome back to my blog. Today I want to start off by apologizing to you all. I made a commitment a few years back to produce great, educational videos and send them out to you twice a month. I have not given up my goal, but I have failed you lately. I haven't produced anything over the last month, and the only excuse I have is that we have been busy.

Today, I am getting back on the horse, and I am back with some very useful info for you about the Athens real estate market. So far, 2015 has been a much busier year in the market than 2014 was. If you look at the numbers for Athens and Clark Counties, sales are way up. Last year, through June, we had 497 residential sales. This year, through June, that number was 612. In addition to this, the average sales price in Athens has risen from $162,000 to $177,000 in just the last year!

In Oconee County, the number of sales has been pretty consistent with what we saw last year, but prices are rising significantly. The average sale price has moved up from $296,000 to $315,000 in the last year. In Athens County as a whole, home prices are up by about 10%.


If you are thinking of buying or selling in the near future, now is a great time. If you have any questions for us, or need assistance buying or selling, we would love to help. Give us a call or send us an email, and we will talk to you soon!